Posters, stickers and billboards promoting several key handwashing messages have been displayed across the city of Honiara as part of the Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project, funded by the Asian Development Bank.
The goal of this campaign is to improve the practice of handwashing with soap and water at critical times (before preparing food, before eating and after going to the toilet). The posters were created in partnership with Live & Learn and project partner Plan International.
The messages on the posters focused on several key themes. These themes were based on the results of recent community surveys on handwashing and included:
- Encouraging family members to wash their hands before meals and after going to the toilet.
- Using better quality soap to prevent sore hands.
- Moisturising your hands to take better care of them.
- Washing your hands at critical times.
- Washing your hands even if the water is cold.
The messages were translated into Pijin and the posters were displayed at each of the project’s many launch events in communities across Honiara.
Resource Types: Visual Aids
Locations: Solomon Islands