From time to time Live & Learn has opportunities to work as part of our team. We operate a non-discriminatory employment process and working environment.
All positions require applicants to have certain personal qualities. These are a maturity of judgement, flexibility, creativity, responsiveness, initiative, ability to follow through, ability to take a considered approach, ability to work within an organisation, openness to learning, a sense of humour, and an unconditional personal commitment to protect the natural environment and the many people that depend on it for their survival. All applicants must meet Live & Learn child protection policies.
Live & Learn often has volunteering opportunities in our Melbourne office, and in our network field offices. If you are interested in volunteering please send us an email.
All potential volunteers must have an unconditional personal commitment to protect the natural environment and the many people that depend on it for their survival. All volunteers must meet Live & Learn child protection policies.
Payroll and Accounts Officer
Live & Learn Environmental Education
Live & Learn makes a difference. We’re a small, effective network of community development offices throughout Asia and the Pacific that implement community-based development projects focused on climate resilience, nature-based solutions, inclusion and wellbeing.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Payroll and Accounts Officer to join our finance team based at our Head Office in Melbourne-CBD. You will be responsible for payroll, accounts and administration related duties.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar position. (NFP experience is preferred)
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Detailed technical knowledge of MYOB and MS Excel is essential
- Good working knowledge of general ledgers and accounting systems
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or an equivalent field
Responsibilities and Key Activities;
- Finance & Accounting
- Processing monthly and ad-hoc payroll
- Quarterly reconciliation of superannuation
- General bookkeeping including monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of receivables and payables
- Prepare project financial reports
- Support for annual audit and project audits
- Administration and Organizational Support
- Prepare project partnership contracts
- Employment contract preparation and managing employee personnel files
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Salary sacrificing benefits
- A great work-life balance, including flexible working hours and working arrangements
- A work culture that encourages practical engagement and opportunities to innovate and explore opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV (no more than four pages with references) with cover letter (one page) highlighting your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org