Live & Learn’s development philosophy is key to the to the success and sustainability of our work. We believe that the processes that lead to change are as important as the change itself. Our approach to environmental education is delivered through a human paradigm that integrates environmental, social and economic issues from starting points that are relevant to communities.
Live & Learn aims to:
- encourage individual and community attitudes, values and actions that are ethical and sustainable
- encourage networks and partnerships between schools, children, youth, teachers, governments, chiefs, elders, parents, the media and non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- share knowledge, skills, learning experiences and resources with others for the benefit of the physical and human environment
- promote the integration of the concepts of human rights, environmentalism, humanitarianism, culture, gender equality and peace in all projects and programs
- promote action-based, effective and creative learning models and teaching methodologies.