Live & Learn Environmental Education sometimes has opportunities to join our team. All employment opportunities will be posted here as they come available. We operate a non-discriminatory employment process and working environment.
All positions require applicants to have certain personal qualities. These are a maturity of judgement, flexibility, creativity, responsiveness, initiative, ability to follow through, ability to take a considered approach, ability to work within an organisation, openness to learning, a sense of humour, and an unconditional personal commitment to protect the natural environment and the many people that depend on it for their survival.
All applicants must meet Live & Learn child protection policies. If you fit these criteria, we welcome you to apply for any position you are suited to as they come up.
Contract Management and Operational Support
We're seeking a Director of Contract Management and Operational Support, a leadership role with Live & Learn based in our Network Office in Melbourne, Australia.
Live & Learn's Pacific Network operates in 11 countries towards an equitable and sustainable world free from poverty. Each Live & Learn office is autonomous and the network is bound by common commitment and approaches to community development activities on food security, nature-based solutions to climate change and safeguarding of water resources. Our approach is collaborative, working to support government strategies whilst meeting community needs. We are a localised, collaborative and courageous organisation working with many stakeholders.
Suitable candidates will have passion for development and connection with the development sector, with the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Able to lead and manage, maintaining a clear focus on sustainable outcomes
- Able to coordinate a range of complex tasks simultaneously
- Able to effectively prioritise and organise own workload
- A willing, inclusive and respectful team player able to contribute effectively to teams
- Ability to work with consensus decision-making
- A good standard of written and oral skills including the ability to present and effectively debate complex issues
- Excellent listening skills
- Able to adjust personal style to meet receivers’ needs
- Good facilitation skills
- Can identify problems and develop appropriate responses based on sound judgement
- Ability to manage through crisis situations in a calm and confident way
- Excellent problem identification and analysis skills and sound judgement at a strategic level
- Must be able to obtain police check and working with children’s check
- Must have computer competency
- Must be able to travel periodically nationally and at times internationally
- Must be able to develop professional relationships of trust and confidence with Live & Learn's affiliates
Suitable candidates are encouraged to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 14th October 2022 and the successful candidate can expect a starting date on the 14th November 2022.
Live & Learn sometimes has volunteering opportunities in our Melbourne office, and in our network field offices. If you are interested in volunteering please send us an email.
All potential volunteers must have an unconditional personal commitment to protect the natural environment and the many people that depend on it for their survival. All volunteers must meet Live & Learn child protection policies.