Work with us
Live & Learn Environmental Education sometimes has opportunities to join our team. All employment opportunities will be posted here as they come available. We operate a non-discriminatory employment process and working environment.
All positions require applicants to have certain personal qualities. These are a maturity of judgement, flexibility, creativity, responsiveness, initiative, ability to follow through, ability to take a considered approach, ability to work within an organisation, openness to learning, a sense of humour, and an unconditional personal commitment to protect the natural environment and the many people that depend on it for their survival.
All applicants must meet Live & Learn child protection policies. If you fit these criteria, we welcome you to apply for any position you are suited to as they come up.
International Project Accountant
Term of position: 2 years
- Finance manager
- Director for climate resilience
- Climate Resilient Islands Manager
- Executive Director
Position objective: To support the project team in end-to-end project financial management and accounting
Location: Live & Learn Melbourne Office/flexible
Salary Range: 75K-79K excluding super, with salary packaging
JOIN A TEAM THAT IS SUPPORTING RESILIENCE IN PACIFIC COMMUNITIES
Live & Learn's network operates in 11 countries in the Pacific and Asia, working passionately towards an equitable and sustainable world. Each Live & Learn office is autonomous, and the network is bound by commitment to community development activities on food security, nature-based solutions to climate change, and safeguarding of water resources. Our approach is collaborative, working to support government strategies whilst meeting community needs. We are a localised, collaborative, and courageous organisation working with many stakeholders. We try to balance compliance needs with flexibility for quick, innovative responses.
Find out more about Live & Learn here.
We are currently hiring an experienced accountant, based in Melbourne, who can help our team in end-to-end financial accounting for grants and government funding.
YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You have tertiary financial qualifications and accounting and finance backgrounds. A CA or CPA qualification would be an advantage.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in similar roles, preferably in the not-for-profit environment.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of accounting processes and techniques and have experience working with systems such as MYOB.
- You can work and adapt in a fast-paced environment and have excellent communication skills.
- Your attention to detail is sharp and you have a good understanding of financial reconciliation
- You have an Australian citizenship or permanent residence status.
WHAT THIS OPPORTUNITY WOULD MEAN TO YOU:
- You will be working with an enthusiastic team, supporting the organisation’s management and project teams in delivering positive change to partner communities.
- You will contribute to the localisation of development in the Asia and Pacific region by strengthening the accounting procedures of our local teams, so that they can manage their own finances.
- You will work with our Asia-Pacific office staff to build harmonious financial relationships.
- You will enhance accounting processes and procedures in the NGO setting and will work with various donors on acquittals and audits.
WHAT A DAY WORKING WITH US MIGHT INVOLVE:
- Working with project teams on end-to-end project accounting, making sure that these reports are received by the necessary stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Completing month-end closing procedures with the team and assisting offices with their monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for various projects.
- Forecasting cash flow and monitoring movement of funds across multiple bank accounts, preparing budgets and coordinating these budgets with network offices while ensuring figures are relevant and within the project’s capacity.
- Working with external auditors to ensure that Live & Learn complies with donor and reporting requirements.
- Maintaining the accounting and monitoring systems used by our Asia-Pacific offices.
- Helping to periodically review and develop organizational policies and procedures.
- Traveling periodically to our Asia-Pacific offices, to provide training to our staff and manage financial issues.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Live & Learn Environmental Education enjoys flexible work hours and supports home-based working, based on capacity. We do travel often to provide support to projects and Asia-Pacific offices where we work. We have an attractive remuneration package including a salary packaging scheme. Team members receive a rewarding career in the international development sector, working with experienced colleagues across the industry, and in a positive working environment. Live & Learn also supports staff personal development.
We will collect and review applications during the application period, and the panel will shortlist applicants for interview.
The position is full-time, with flexible work practice available, on a 2-year contract, with the potential of further work after end of contract on other projects as funding allows.
The role requires a police check and a COVID-19 vaccination. Willingness to travel periodically to the Asia and Pacific offices is also necessary.
Please visit the link and go through the application procedure. Kindly attached your CV and Cover Letter.
Live & Learn Kiribati - Numerous positions
Live & Learn Kiribati are currently seeking potential candidates for their team and looking for locally-based, empowered individuals to take on roles that will help deliver their projects to the community.
Please see below our vacant positions:
Programme Director - Managerial Level
AFF Project Manager - Managerial Level
AFF Project Officer x2 - Officer Level
AFF Technical Advisor - Managerial Level
WASH Project Manager - Managerial Level
WASH Project Officer x2- Officer Level
Communication and MEL - Officer Level
Finance Manager - Managerial Level
Admin and Finance Officer - Officer Level
If you are interested in any of the above roles, click on the relevant position description, or drop by the Live & Learn Kiribati office in Bikenibeu.
Closing date for applications is on Friday 16 June, 2023
To submit your application kindly prepare a CV and a cover letter and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our office in Tabaonga in a sealed envelope. For more information you can contact 730 18539.